Language Policy in Georgia
22-26 May 2017
Venue: Jakobi 2-129
Time: 8.30-10.00 am (every day)
Lectures by Associate Professor Giuli Shabashvili from the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- "Introduction. Ethnic and Linguistic Diversity in Georgia. Kartvelian Languages" (22 May)
- "Language Policy of Georgia in the Soviet Period" (23 May)
- "Current Language Policy of Georgia and Issues of Language Law in Georgia" (24 May)
- "Issues of Cultural Sensitivity in the Georgian Educational Environment. Issues of Teaching Georgian as a Second Language" (25 May)
- "Language Policy: the Case of Georgia and Estonia" (26 May)
Everyone is welcome to attend!
Students can also earn credits by registering in SIS to the course HVLC.08.021 Language Policy in Georgia (1 ECTS). If you would like to earn the credits, but you're not a student, you can also sign up as a continuing education learner. We'll also give you a certificate upon completing the course.
Write to us at keeled [ät] ut.ee to sign up, in case of any questions or for further information.
The lectures are held within the Erasmus+ staff mobility programme.