Koostööpartnerid ja sündmused
Cooperation projects with society, high-schools, partners at Skandinavistika 2017
October 11, 2017: BA-students of Scandinavian Studies visited Lähte Gymnasium in Tartu county and presented the three Scandinavian languages that are taught at the University of Tartu. The students held interactive mini-lectures with games, songs and language training. We would like to thank the Danish, Norwegian and Swedish embassies for the co-operation. Here you can see a picutre from the visit.
The scholarship ceremony in the Library of the College of Foreign Languages and Cultures on September 29, 2017. Handing over the scholarships financed by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia and the Embassy of Sweden to the two scholars Mari-Liis Korkus and Marite Sild. Read also in the SCCE newletter.
Translation competition "Estonian voices in the Nordic Languages" with the aim of translating Estonian fiction into the Nordic languages takes place June-October 2017.
Summer camp for Swedish teachers in Nuckö in August 14-18, 2017. For the very first time in history, a special training course was organised for the teachers of Swedish in Estonia. It lasted for 5 days and gave the participants a good overview of the methodology of language teaching, some novel approaches, as well as the cultural connections and sights in the once Swedish-speaking region , Noarootsi ( Swe: Nuckö) in Estonia.
The Embassy of Sweden and the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia Scholarship for Students of Swedish has been announced. Deadline June 15, 2017. Conditions for applying.
On May 29, 2017 the high-school final exam in Swedish was organised in cooperation between Hugo Treffner Gymnasium and Tartu University College of Foreign Languages and Cultures. It is a first time the university organises and carries out a joint official evaluation procedure with other educational institutions in Estonia in evaluating Swedish. 10 high-school students successfully passed their Swedish exam, and received their language evaluation certificate based on the European Council Framework of Language Levels.
On April 24th, 2017 the high-school students from Gustav Adolf Gümnaasium in Tallinn with their class supervisor and teacher of Swedish Juta-Tiia Mägi visited Skandinavistika and Tartu University College of World Languages and Cultures in connection with their Tartu-day.
On April 3rd, 2017 the Department of Scandinavian Studies got a visit from the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research. Here you can see some pictures from the visit.
Project partners from Finland and Sweden
- Partner universities from Finland and Sweden spent a week (March 26 - April 1) in the College of Foreign Languages and Cultures.
During the last week of March our project partners from Finland and Sweden spent an interactive training week in Tartu. The morning sessions offered training and seminars in business Swedish and intercultural communication in meetings and cooperation. Topics included: Accepting different cultural approaches to meeting styles; differences in Finnish and Swedish organisational hierarchy, organisation behavior and meeting style, writing a business letter, mentality, etc. The afternoon programme allowed our guests to acquaint themselves with Estonian culture. The visits included The Genome Centre of Tartu University, Estonian National Museum and its Fenno-Ugric exhibition, visit to Pauluse church (designed by the Finnish architect Saarinen), visit to Tartu University Museums, a trip to Peipsiveer cultural region, visit to Spark Demo South Estonia business demonstration centre etc. Here you can find some pictures from the event.
- On February 16th, 2017 the University of Tartu had a visit of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Estonia in a half-day event "Sciences Meet Businesses". In addition to meeting with the vice-rector and visiting different departments and listening to lectures by our specialists, the guests from the Swedish Chamber of Commerce and the Swedish Embassy in Tallinn also visited the Department for Scandinavian Studies. The programme offered by the University of Tartu:
- Very welcome to a full day Business Seminar in Tartu arranged in cooperation with the University of Tartu. During our day together, we will learn about a wide range of scientific findings, researched and developed by the University and created for businesses.
- The vice-rector for development, Erik Puura, will welcome us and give us an insight into the University’s development program which has been initiated for a closer understanding and cooperation between the University of Tartu and businesses.
- Following the introduction, we will tour the University and get presentations by specialists from the following departments of the University: Laboratory of Thin Film Technology; The Testing Centre; Neuromarketing Laboratory; Internet of Things Laboratory; Department of Scandinavian Studies.
We welcome all initiative for further cooperation. Photo reportage of the event is available here.
- On March 3rd, 2017 the the competition in Swedish (this year's topic was Swedish film) for high-school students from all over Estonia took place at Tartu University. All-Estonian Competition in Swedish for high-school students learning Swedish: 03.03.2017 the competition in Swedish ( this year´s topic was Swedish film) to high-school students from all over Estonia took place at Tartu University, Skandinavistika. This is the first time ever the high-school competition has been held outside Tallinn! Schools from all over Estonia - ranging from Nuckö i Western Estonia, Tallinn in the North and Tartu as well as Võnnu in South Estonia - took part. Alltogether 47 students participated. Thank you, all, for your interest and active participation!
Many thanks to teachers and instructors, students, the Swedish Embassy and University of Tartu, College of World Languages and Cultures for their support! Some pictures of the event can be seen here.