The Estonian intensive courses can be taken by different target groups:
The students admitted to the University of Tartu as degree seeking students, who pursue their degree programme in Estonian, yet need to learn the language:
- students enrolled in the programme of Estonian and Finno-Ugric Linguistics with no prior knowledge of Estonian;
- students enrolled in other degree programmes, who need to advance their knowledge of Estonian to the level of B2;
- students of other Estonian universities.
The amount of courses to be taken depends on the knowledge of Estonian: 60 ECTS must be completed by the students with zero knowledge of Estonian. The students with B1 level or higher can read further information here.
The Estonian Intensive courses can also be taken by:
- Learners, who would like to learn the Estonian language in order to apply for any degree programme taught in Estonian at the University of Tartu but don't have the required language skills. You can find more information here.
- The course can also be taken individually and not as a preparation for degree studies. Please note that non-EU citizens taking single courses cannot get their D-type visa invitation by the University of Tartu. The learners taking single courses please register here.
Continuing education learners need to pay for their studies. The tuition fee for Estonian intensive courses per semester is 1200€.