The courses start on the 24th academic week and last for 15-16 weeks.
NB! The university transfers to a new study information system. This may cause errors in the course links that provide more detailed information. Should this occur, we kindly ask you to contact the coordinators of the college.
Click on the course to see the time-tables, course descriptions, requirements etc in the study information system.
Estonian for beginners on the basis of English:
- FLLC.09.001 Estonian for Beginners I, Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.029 Estonian for Beginners I (100% web-based), Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLKE.03.077 Estonian for Beginners, Level 0 > A1.2 (9 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.002 Estonian for Beginners II, Level A1.1 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.038 Estonian for Beginners II (100% web-based), Level A1.1 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.003 Estonian for Beginners III, Level A1.2 > A2.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian pre-intermediate and intermediate courses:
- FLLC.09.004 Estonian Vocabulary and Oral Skills for Pre-Intermediate Learners I, Level A2.1 > A2.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.005 Estonian Vocabulary and Conversation Course for the Pre-intermediate II, Level A2.2 > B1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.007 Estonian for Intermediate Learners II, Level B1.2 > B2.1 (6 ECTS)
Higher level courses in Estonian:
- FLLC.09.009 Estonian for Advanced Learners II, Level B2.2 > C1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLEE.04.127 Estonian for Advanced Learners II, Level C1.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian for specific purposes on the basis of English:
- HVLC.09.002 Estonian for Students of Medicine II, Level A1.2 > A2.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.004 Estonian for Students of Medicine IV, Level B1.1 > B1.2 (3 ECTS)
The courses are generally free of charge for the students of the University of Tartu and for students from other Estonian higher education institutions (See which institutions and universities have a partnership with the University of Tartu).
Visiting students from foreign higher education institutions need to pay for their language courses only if they are fee-paying students at the University of Tartu. In case of the latter, consult with the foreign student office regarding the credit point costs and conditions.