The courses start on the first academic week and last for 15-16 weeks (see the academic calendar).
Click on the course to see the time-tables, course descriptions, requirements etc in the study information system. You can find the time-table of the course by clicking on the “Event” button under the name of the course.
Estonian for beginners on the basis of English:
- FLLC.09.001 Estonian for Beginners I, Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.029 Estonian for Beginners I (100% web-based), Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.002 Estonian for Beginners II, Level A1.1>A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.038 Estonian for Beginners II (100% web-based), Level A1.1 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.003 Estonian for Beginners III, Level A1.2 > A2.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian pre-intermediate and intermediate courses:
- FLLC.09.004 Estonian Vocabulary and Oral Skills for Pre-Intermediate Learners I, Level A2.1 > A2.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.005 Estonian Vocabulary and Conversation Course for the Pre-Intermediate Level II, A2.2 > B1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.006 Estonian Language. Intermediate Level I. Vocabulary and Oral Skills, B1.1 > B1.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.007 Estonian for Intermediate Learners II, Level B1.2 > B2.1 (6 ECTS)
Higher level courses in Estonian:
- FLLC.09.010 Estonian for Advanced Learners I, Level B2.1 > B2.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.009 Estonian for Advanced Learners II, Level B2.2 > C1.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian for specific purposes on the basis of English:
- HVLC.09.001 Estonian for Students of Medicine I, Level 0 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.003 Estonian for Students of Medicine III, Level A2.1 > B1.1 (6 ECTS)
The courses are generally free of charge for the students of the University of Tartu and for students from other Estonian higher education institutions (See which institutions and universities have a partnership with the University of Tartu).
Visiting students from foreign higher education institutions need to pay for their language courses only if they are fee-paying students at the University of Tartu. In case of the latter, consult with the foreign student office regarding the credit point costs and conditions.