The College of Foreign Languages and Cultures will start teaching in the autumn semester of the 2020/21 academic year on September 7. Classes lasts for 15 weeks (see the academic calendar).
NB! The university transfers to a new study information system. This may cause errors in the course links that provide more detailed information. Should this occur, we kindly ask you to contact the coordinators of the college.
Click on the course to see the time-tables, course descriptions, requirements etc in the study information system.
You can find the schedule of the course in SIS II by clicking on the “Event” button under the name of the course.
Estonian for beginners on the basis of English:
- FLLC.09.001 Estonian for Beginners I, Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.029 Estonian for Beginners I (100% web-based), Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLKE.03.077 Estonian for Beginners, Level 0 > A1.2 (9 ECTS)
- FLLC.9.002 Estonian for Beginners II, Level A1.1>A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.038 Estonian for Beginners II (100% web-based), Level A1.1 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.003 Estonian for Beginners III, Level A1.2 > A2.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian for beginners on the basis of Russian:
- HVLC.09.043 Estonian for Beginners I, Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian pre-intermediate and intermediate courses:
- FLLC.09.004 Estonian Vocabulary and Oral Skills for Pre-Intermediate Learners I, Level A2.1 > A2.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.006 Estonian Language. Intermediate Level I. Vocabulary and Oral Skills, B1.1 > B1.2 (6 ECTS)
Higher level courses in Estonian:
- FLLC.09.010 Estonian for Advanced Learners I, Level B2.1 > B2.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLEE.04.126 Estonian for Advanced Learners I (C1.1) (6 ECTS)
Estonian for specific purposes on the basis of English:
- HVLC.09.001 Estonian for Students of Medicine I, Level 0 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.003 Estonian for Students of Medicine III, Level A2.1 > B1.1 (6 ECTS)
The courses are generally free of charge for the students of the University of Tartu and for students from other Estonian higher education institutions (See which institutions and universities have a partnership with the University of Tartu).
Visiting students from foreign higher education institutions need to pay for their language courses only if they are fee-paying students at the University of Tartu. In case of the latter, consult with the foreign student office regarding the credit point costs and conditions.