The courses start on the first week of September and last for 15-16 weeks.
NB! The university transfers to a new study information system. This may cause errors in the course links that provide more detailed information. Should this occur, we kindly ask you to contact the assistant to the head or the coordinators of the college.
Click on the course to see the time-tables, course descriptions, requirements etc in the study information system.
Estonian for beginners on the basis of English:
- FLLC.09.001 Estonian for Beginners I, Level 0 > A1.1 (6 ECTS)
- FLKE.03.077 Estonian for Beginners I, Level 0 > A1.2 (9 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.002 Estonian for Beginners II, Level A1.1>A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.003 Estonian for Beginners III, Level A1.2 > A2.1 (6 ECTS)
Estonian pre-intermediate and intermediate courses:
- FLLC.09.004 Estonian Vocabulary and Oral Skills for Pre-Intermediate Learners I, Level A2.1 > A2.2 (6 ECTS)
- FLLC.09.006 Estonian Language. Intermediate Level I. Vocabulary and Oral Skills, B1.1 > B1.2 (6 ECTS)
Higher level courses in Estonian:
- FLLC.09.010 Estonian for Advanced Learners I, Level B2.1 > B2.2 (6 ECTS)
Estonian for specific purposes on the basis of English:
- HVLC.09.001 Estonian for Students of Medicine I, Level 0 > A1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.09.003 Estonian for Students of Medicine III, Level A2.1 > B1.1 (6 ECTS)
The courses are free of charge for the students of the University of Tartu and for visiting students from other Estonian higher education institutions (See which institutions and universities have a partnership with the University of Tartu). However, there are some programmes that require students to pay a tuition fee. If you are a tuition waiver, you will be charged for the language courses on a credit point basis, which is the same price as the BA courses in the Faculty of Humanities and Arts. Find all the credit point prices on the university's main page.
If you have an active SIS account, see how to register in the study information system.
If you're not a student, see registration for non-students.
The University of Tartu is a partner of Eesti Töötukassa
(Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund)