Estonian Preparation Year
You want to apply for a degree programme taught in Estonian at the University of Tartu and you don't have the required language skills?
These are the things you should know if you want to take the Estonian language preparation year at the University of Tartu:
- you can take the Estonian intensive courses as a continuing education learner;
- if you haven't studied Estonian before you need to pass the preparation year for the value of 60 ECTS;
- in case you already have some knowledge of Estonian, the amount of ECTS to be earned will be known after testing;
- learners attending the preparation year or semester are not registered as degree pursuing students of the University of Tartu, but as continuing education learners;
- coming from non-EU countries, you need to apply for a long term (D-type) visa;
- University of Tartu requests D-type visa for only those learners, who sign up and pay for at least 24 ECTS per semester;
- the application period is from 1st of May to 15th of June 2020;
- the tuition fee for the intensive courses is 1200€ per semester;
- the invoices will be sent to you in August 2020 via e-mail;
- in order to apply, you need to fill the online application form in Dream Apply system;
- you can find more information about the admissions to University of Tartu in here.
Please note that the University of Tartu assesses applicants’ motivation and interest in learning the language and has the right decline ones request to study Estonian.