Estonian Preparation Year
You want to apply for a degree programme taught in Estonian at the University of Tartu and you don't have the required language skills?
These are the things you should know if you want to take the Estonian language preparation year at the University of Tartu:
- you can take the Estonian intensive courses as a continuing education learner;
- if you haven't studied Estonian before, you need to pass the preparation year for the value of 60 ECTS;
- learners attending the preparation year or semester are not registered as degree pursuing students of the University of Tartu, but as continuing education learners, i.e. no student benefits can be applied (incl. a student card or the like);
- coming from non-EU countries, you need to apply for a long term (D-type) visa;
- the University of Tartu requests a D-type visa for those learners only, who sign up and pay for at least 24 ECTS per semester;
- the application period is from 1st of May to 1st of June 2021;
- the tuition fee for the Estonian preparation year is 2400€;
- the invoices will be sent to you in June 2021 via e-mail, the acceptance letter will be sent out only after the University of Tartu has received the tuition fee payment;
- in order to apply, you need to fill the online application form in the Dream Apply system, upload a motivation letter and prove that you have at least a B2 level in English (please check the accepted English tests and result in here);
- you can find more information about the admissions to University of Tartu here.
Please note that we assess applicants’ documents, motivation and interest in learning the language and specialty at the University of Tartu. The university has the right to decline requests to study Estonian.