Classes last for 16 weeks (see academic calendar).
NB! The university transfers to a new study information system. This may cause errors in the course links that provide more detailed information. Should this occur, we kindly ask you to contact the coordinators of the college.
Click on the course to see the time-tables, course descriptions, requirements etc in the study information system.
You can find the schedule of the course in SIS II by clicking on the “Event” button under the name of the course.
General language courses:
- HVLC.01.037 English Conversation Course for Intermediate Learners, Level B1.1>B1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.028 English for Pre-Intermediate Learners II, Level B1.1 > B1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.035 English for Students of Intermediate Level. Grammar and Vocabulary Course, Level, B1.2 > B2.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.041 English. General Academic Vocabulary (100% web-based), B1.2 > B2.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.031 English for Intermediate Learners II, Level B2.1 > B2.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.040 English for Advanced Learners (100% web-based), Level B2 > C1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.034 English for Advanced Learners II (100% web-based), Level C1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.061 English for Advanced Learners II, Level C1 > C2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.036 English for Advanced Learners. Grammar and Vocabulary Course, Level B2.2 > C1.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.063 English for Intermediate Learners. Grammar and Vocabulary Course (100% web-based), Level B2.1 > B2.2 (3 ECTS)
English for specific purposes:
- HVLC.01.017 ESP English for Law Students I (Introduction), Level B2.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.039 English for the Students of Humanities II (100% web-based), Level B2.1 > B2.2 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.019 English for Students of Law III, Level B2.2 > C1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.024 English for Students of Law III, Level B2.2 >C1.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.016 English for Students of Mathematical Statistics, Level B2 >C1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.049 English for Students of Medicine (50% Web-based), Level B2 > C1 (3 ECTS)
Courses in English by the Centre for Academic Writing and Communication:
- HVLC.10.009 Communicating Science. Part 1 (3 ECTS), for PhD students
- HVLC.10.009 Communicating Science. Part 2 (3 ECTS), for PhD students
The courses are generally free of charge for the students of the University of Tartu and for students from other Estonian higher education institutions (See which institutions and universities have a partnership with the University of Tartu).
Visiting students from foreign higher education institutions need to pay for their language courses only if they are fee-paying students at the University of Tartu. In case of the latter, consult with the foreign student office regarding the credit point costs and conditions.