The courses start on the first academic week and last for 15-16 weeks (see academic calendar).
Click on the course to see the time-tables, course descriptions, requirements etc in the study information system. You can find the time-table of the course by clicking on the “Event” button under the name of the course.
General language courses:
- HVLC.01.027 English for Pre-Intermediate Learners I, Level A2.2 > B1.1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.029 English for Intermediate Learners I, Level B1.2 > B2.1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.037 English Conversation Course for Intermediate Learners, Level B1.1 > B1.2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.041 English. General Academic Vocabulary (100% Web-based), B1.2 > B2.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.033 English for Advanced Learners I, Level B2.2 > C1.1 (100% Web-based) (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.040 English for Advanced Learners (100% Web-based), Level B2 > C1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.060 English for Advanced Learners I, Level C1 > C2 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.035 English for Students of Intermediate Level. Grammar and Vocabulary Course, Level, B1.2 > B2.1 (3 ECTS)
HVLC.01.063 English for Intermediate Learners. Grammar and Vocabulary Course (100% Web-based), Level B2.1 > B2.2 (3 ECTS)
English for specific purposes:
- HVLC.01.008 English for the Students of Computer Engineering, Level B2 > C1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.009 English for the Students of Biology and Ecology, Level B2 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.010 English for Students of Physics, Chemistry and Materials Science (100% Web-based), Level B2 > C1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.011 English for the Students of Genetic Engineering, Level B2 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.013 English for the Students of Geography, Geology and Environmental Technology, Level B2 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.017 ESP English for Law Students I (Introduction), Level B2.1 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.018 English for Students of Law II, Level B2.1 > B2.2 (3 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.052 English for Students of Philosophy and Semiotics, Level B2 >C1 (6 ECTS)
- HVLC.01.038 English for the Students of Humanities (100% Web-based), Level B1.2 > B2.1 (3 ECTS)
Courses in English by the Centre for Academic Writing and Communication:
- FLLC.01.002 Academic Writing and Study Skills (3 ECTS) for BA students in humanities
- HVLC.10.009 Communicating Science. Part 1 (3 ECTS), for PhD students
- HVLC.10.009 Communicating Science. Part 2 (3 ECTS), for PhD students
Elective courses in English by the Department of German Studies:
- HVLC.04.040 Transmedial Dystopian Fiction (3 ECTS)
The courses are generally free of charge for the students of the University of Tartu and for students from other Estonian higher education institutions (See which institutions and universities have a partnership with the University of Tartu).
Visiting students from foreign higher education institutions need to pay for their language courses only if they are fee-paying students at the University of Tartu. In case of the latter, consult with the foreign student office regarding the credit point costs and conditions.