Terms and conditions
Registration to the Estonian summer courses is open during the period of 1 November 2020 - 1 June 2021.
Please note that the initial confirmation you receive upon registration is preliminary and the opening of all groups will be announced (via e-mail) on the 11th of June 2021 the latest.
The final day to cancel your registration to the course is the 6th of June 2021. After the groups have been announced, the organiser of the course has the right to claim for compensation. According to the refund policy of the UT International Summer University, the conditions for cancelling your registration and applying for a refund are as follows:
- If you wish to cancel your participation, you must inform the organisers of the course via e-mail.
- 90% of the programme fee will be refunded if you cancel your participation and apply for a refund at least 30 days before the start of the programme*.
- If you inform of your cancellation less than 30 days before the start of the programme, no refund is made.
- If the University of Tartu has to cancel the programme due to unforeseen circumstances, we will fully refund the programme fee or offer a substitute programme. Please note that the university cannot take any responsibility for covering personal travel costs. Thus we recommend getting an insurance coverage.
- The university reserves the right to claim the programme fee in accordance with the above-mentioned terms if you have received a letter of acceptance from the organisers of the programme and cancel the participation without a written notice (via e-mail).
NB! The same policy and terms apply if you are forced to cancel because you did not receive a visa.
*Further requirements may apply for scholarship receivers, which are specified in advance by the organiser of the course or the scholarship provider.
Management of the Refund:
- In order to apply for a refund, please send a written request with the relevant bank data via e-mail to the organisers of the course.
- The refund will be made to the person/institution who paid the programme fee.
- Principles of processing personal data collected from the participants of the continuing education programmes offered by the University of Tartu.