Estonian Summer Courses: 22 July - 2 August 2019
All the courses last for 2 weeks and take place at the same time regardless of the level.
Registration is open: 1 November 2018 - 1 May 2019
- Final date for submitting applications: 1 May 2019
- Epp Sonin Scholarship - applications are due on 1 May 2019
- DAAD Scholarship - applications are due on 1 May 2019
- Information about other scholarships will be provided in January 2019 the latest. Please note that the application dates for scholarships can be earlier than the 1st of May 2019. Read more about the scholarships offered last year here.
- Cancellation deadline: 8 May 2019
- Confirmation of groups: 1 June 2019 the latest
Upon any questions, please write to keeled [ät] ut.ee.
Page updated on 13.12.2018 at 10:55
Course descriptions and tuition fee
Since 2002, the Estonian Summer Courses are a part of the International Summer University of the University of Tartu.
The Estonian language summer courses are divided into different modules according to the levels of language skills:
Module I. Estonian for Beginners
Level 0>A1.1 (4,5 ECTS)
Module II. Estonian for Beginners II
Level A1.1>A1.2 (4,5 ECTS)
Module III. Estonian for Beginners III
Level A1.2>A2 (4,5 ECTS)
Module IV. Estonian Pre-intermediate Course
Level A2>B1 (4,5 ECTS)
Find the main topics of each level by clicking on the title or from the left-side menu.
All the courses last for 2 weeks (22 July - 2 August 2019) regardless of the level. Language lessons take place from Mon to Fri, resulting in a total of 54 academic hours of study in the classroom.
The final distribution between modules II-V will be made after a short test and/or conversation on the first day of the courses.
The fee for each module is 450 EUR, which covers:
- study materials
- language classes (54 academic hours in the classroom)
- coffee breaks with snacks
- after-class activities from Mon to Fri
For extra fee (participation is optional), a 1-day trip is organised. More detailed information about the after-class activities and the trip (incl. registration) will be published once the groups are confirmed in May/June. An invoice will be sent to you after the confirmation of the groups, the payment can be made via a bank transfer. You can read more about the cancellation policy here: terms and conditions.
|11:00-11:30||coffee break with snacks|
|13:00-14:00||time for lunch|
|15:45-18:00||after class activities (approximate time frame)|
After class activities include discussion groups, museum visits, workshops, watching Estonian films and more. A separate 1-day trip is organised (for extra fee).