Estonian Summer Courses 2018
All courses take place: 23 July - 3 August 2018
- Registration: 1 November 2017 - 1 May 2018
If you are applying for a scholarship offered by
- the Archimedes Foundation:
- Estonian studies scholarships for language and culture summer courses apply by 1 March 2018
- Estonian governmental scholarships for international students apply by 19 March 2018
- the DAAD, apply by 1 May 2018
If you are not applying for a scholarship, submit your application by 1 May 2018!
- Cancellation deadline: 8 May 2018
- Confirmation of groups: 1 June 2018 the latest
Upon any questions, please write to keeled [ät] ut.ee.
Course descriptions and tuition fee
Since 2002, the Estonian Summer Courses are a part of the International Summer University of the University of Tartu.
The Estonian language summer courses are divided into different modules according to the levels of language skills:
- Module I. Estonian for Beginners
Level 0-A1 (4,5 ECTS)
- Module II. Estonian Continuation Course for Beginners
Level A1-A2 (4,5 ECTS)
- Module III. Estonian Pre-intermediate Course
Level A2-B1 (4,5 ECTS)
- Module IV. Eesti keele keskastme kursus
tase B1-B2 (4,5 ECTS)
Find the main topics of each level by clicking on the title or from the left-side menu.
All the courses last for 2 weeks (23 July - 3 August 2018) regardless of the level. Language lessons take place from Mon to Fri, resulting in a total of 54 academic hours of study in the classroom.
The final distribution between modules II, III and IV will be made after a short test and/or conversation on the first day of the courses, additional sublevels are created if necessary.
The fee for each module is 450 EUR, which covers:
- study materials
- language classes (54 academic hours in the classroom)
- coffee breaks with snacks
- after-class activities from Mon to Fri
For extra fee (participation is optional), a 1-day trip is organised. More detailed information about the after-class activities and the trip (incl. registration) will be published once the groups are confirmed in May/June. An invoice will be sent to you after the confirmation of the groups, the payment can be made via a bank transfer. You can read more about the cancellation policy here: terms and conditions.
|11:00-11:30||coffee break with snacks|
|13:00-14:00||time for lunch|
|15:45-18:00||after class activities (approximate time frame)|
The language lessons take place in the mornings and afternoons. After class activities include discussion groups, museum visits, workshops, watching Estonian films and more. A separate 1-day trip is organised (for extra fee).