Due to the diversity of different areas involved in what we call "philology", researchers at our college take interests in many different fields ranging from translation studies to linguistics, from literature to language teaching, from culture to critical theory.
Conferences and Projects
- 11.05.2021 Online colloquium "Translation as Transfer of Cultural Images"
- 15.–29.08.2021 Summer Course "Introduction to Canadian Studies from Nordic and Baltic perspectives"
- 17.–18.09.2021 Conference "Health Biopolitics in Literature, Film and Games"
- 01.–02.10.2021 Conference "The Abyss - Ethnolinguistically"
- 14.–15.10.2021 Young researchers' conference "German Studies in the Semiosphere: Interactions between German studies and neighboring disciplines". Call for papers 15.06.2021 (Auf Deutsch)
- 28.–29.01.2022 Symposium "Love and Emotions in Old Norse Literature". Call for papers 01.11.2021
- 25.–26.02.2022 International Congress "Juri Lotman’s Semiosphere". Call for papers 15.05.2021
Past events and projects:
- 3.–5.05.2021 Conference "Comme une espèce de nécessité physique"
- 28.–29.04.2021 Conference "Collapse and Extinction: Art, Literature and Discourse"