The Encounter with the Other World – Supernatural and Fantastic in Pre-modern Scandinavia
Folklore-Philology is a network within the Nordplus programme. It is an interdisciplinary network focusing on narratives about encounters with the supernatural in pre-modern Scandinavia. The purpose of the project is that the students of the partner institutions in the Nordic-Baltic region should:
- meet new perspectives of the internationally most important part of the Nordic literature, the OldNorse.
- receive a direct insight into active research and through the personal meeting with the most active scholars themselves receive training for high-qualified thinking.
- achieve a knowledge of genuine interdisciplinarity in a meeting between literary studies, philology, folkloristics and history of religion.
- be a part of a project where education and research mutually develop each other.
- Purpose of the network
- Project activity
- The partnership
- Expected outcome
- Partners of Folklore-Philology
Coordinator and contact person from October 1st, 2014:
maths.bertell [ät] miun.se
Institutionen för humaniora
+46 70 49 00 946
Daniel Sävborg, Professor of Scandinavian Studies
Department of Scandinavian Studies
daniel.savborg [ät] ut.ee
+372 737 6250