Vacant study places
The College of Foreign Languages and Cultures announces a public competition to fill a free study place (4th year) in the Germanic and Romance Languages and Literatures doctoral curriculum.
The following people who meet the requirements regarding previous education, have completed the obligatory prerequisite courses appointed in the syllabus and meet the conditions of the competition have the right to apply for a vacant student place:
- students applying for a change of curriculum, form of study and/or location of study;
- persons who have studied in the same curriculum and are applying for the vacant student place by rematriculation;
- persons transferring to the university from other institutions of higher education (application, recognition of prior learning (RPL) application);
- external students;
- persons who have studied in another higher education curriculum and have been deleted from the matriculation register of that curriculum (application, RPL application);
- persons who have completed courses listed in the syllabus as a continuing education learner (application, RPL application).
In order to participate in the competition, the applicants present a written application to the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs. In addition to the application (and a RPL application, when necessary) the student candidate presents the following documents:
- diploma and diploma supplement that proves the existence of an MA degree or equivalent qualification;
- personal ID or its copy;
- document testifying to a name change if a student candidate has changed his or her name;
- an assessment of the Estonian ENIC/NARIC on the compliance of the qualification for access to doctoral studies in the case of an applicant who is a citizen of Estonia or has a long-term residence permit or a permanent residence permit of Estonia and who has obtained a master’s degree or an equivalent qualification in a foreign country;
- a diploma and diploma supplement of the first level of higher education in the case of an applicant who has obtained a master’s degree or an equivalent qualification in a foreign country;
- a document certifying English language proficiency at B2 level in the case of an international student applicant.
In addition to the above, the candidate presents the individual plan of the PhD thesis, signed by the supervisor, proceeding from the evaluation criteria of the rules of annual review established at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities (clause 3-5), the plan of action for the next year that proceeds from the individual plan and the written opinion of the supervisor.
Documents are presented in Estonian or English. In the case of documents that are not originally in Estonian or English, the candidate presents an Estonian or English translation certified by a notary.
The application and other relevant documents are to be presented by September 13, 2018, to Marilii Adamson (marilii.adamson [ät] ut.ee). Mailing address: College of Foreign Languages and Cultures, University of Tartu, Lossi 3-312, 51003 Tartu, Estonia.