The letter of motivation is a 2400-3000-character text in which the student candidates describe:
• Their previous studies and how they prepare them for study on the curriculum
• Their reasons for choosing the University of Tartu
• Possible research topics, proceeding from their interests and the offerings of the College of Foreign Languages and Cultures
• Planned studies (including their understanding of the structure and content of the curriculum)
• Plans after graduation.
The letter of motivation is written in English.
Aspects considered in assessing the letter of motivation:
• Student candidates’ preparation for the study of foreign languages and literatures
• Their familiarity with the curriculum and possible study options
• The clarity of their plans.
The deadline for submitting the letter of motivation is 15 March 2017 (application deadline).