Registration for Non-students
Even if you are not a student, you can still learn languages at the University of Tartu College of Foreign Languages and Cultures!
You can participate in any of the courses listed in the left-side column. Altogether, the college teaches 26 languages; however, not all of them are taught on the basis of English or Russian. If you have already learned a bit of Estonian, do not hesitate to take a look at all the other courses on our Estonian homepage.
- Once you've chosen the course you would like to participate in, fill in the registration form. You will receive a reply from our coordinators within 3 work days.
If you're unable complete the form online, you can use the downloadable version. Please send it to keeled [ät] ut.ee with a PDF-copy of your passport or ID.
- The autumn semester starts on the first or second week of September, registration for courses opens on the 15th of May. The spring semester starts on the second week of February, registration for courses opens on the 15th of December.
- After you have participated in the first class and you're sure you wish to join the group, we will sign a learning agreement. After that you will be registered as a continuing education learner at the University of Tartu and you will also get access to our study information system.
- The invoice will be sent to your e-mail.
The University of Tartu is a partner of Eesti Töötukassa
(Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund)
- All the language courses consist of practical language lessons, which means that regular participation is very important and it's usually a requirement for passing the course. Everyone who wish to participate in a language course must be registered.
- The length of the course is calculated in academic hours: 1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes, one language lesson lasts for 1,5 hours (i.e. 2 academic hours). One course is usually 60-64 academic hours (i.e. 30-32 meetings).
- The language learner will get all the necessary information from the lecturer in the first lesson.
- After completing the course, the learner will also receive a certificate.
- The language levels are marked according to CEFR standards: A (beginner), B (intermediate), C (advanced).